Fashion Models + My Boy Child

Man Oh Man!

Little Billy is not a very big boy.

His daddy is right at 6'.

His granddaddy on his daddy's side is 6'2".

He's got a few uncles that are 6' or more.

Little Billy's mama is 5'3" and his mama's sister - Little Billy's aunt - is 5'2".

One of Little Billy's grandmothers is 5' even.

It's hard to tell how tall Little Billy will end up being - giving that there are both short people and tall people all around him.

For now ...

Little Billy is ...

Little.

Anyways ...

At dinner recently, I asked Little Billy, "So ... are you going to go to work with Daddy tomorrow?"

Before Little Billy could answer, Alexis spoke up and said, "I want to go - I'll go to work with Daddy tomorrow."

I smiled.

Little Billy looked at his small sister and said, "I don't think you could go. It's not a place for girls. It's a place for men."

I smiled.

I said, "Men?"

Little Billy smiled and said, "Yes - men," very confidently.

Alexis laughed at this comment.

I looked over at my little boy and noticed his small nose and little hands and tiny face. I said, "You're still only a boy," trying hard not to crush his manly ego.

"I'm almost a man," he took a hunkin' bite of his pizza.

I smiled.

"When will you be a man?" I watched him shove the pizza into his mouth like any MAN would do.

He giggled. "I don't know - soon," he answered sternly, looking me right in the eye.

Alexis couldn't help herself. She giggled uncontrollably. I nudged her under the table. She said, through all her giggles, "You're ... you're ... only ... e-lev-en years old," pronouncing her words very clearly and laughing.

Little Billy smiled. "What do you know? I'm more of a man than you are."

Alexis, searching for a great come-back, looked up at me for assistance.

On the upside ... I couldn't help her much. I couldn't resist but say, "Sorry, Hon - He's got ya there!"

Billy smiled, a manly smile.

Alexis grumbled - frowned - and went back to eating her pizza.

Life, and more:

Man Oh Man! + My Boy Child