Fashion Models + The Princess

She Truly Believes She Is A Princess

I have made some mistakes.

One of the mistakes I have probably (most certainly) made, is allowing Alexis to believe that she is ... an actual P.R.I.N.C.E.S.S!

She came into my room a couple of nights ago and said, in a high pitched voice, "Why do I even have this dress, if I don't ever even get to wear it?"

Um ... where do I start?

This was a dress given to Alexis by a friend of ours. It is a dress that was bought at a garage sale and it is a dress that is really for ... oh ... an Arkansas State Beauty Pageant contestant (*think Miss Congeniality*) back in maybe the 80's and worn by a very tiny southern belle whose expertise in the "Talent" category was - yodeling.

It is not ... a pretty dress.

It is not a dress you would wear to say ... church or to school or to ANYWHERE - really.

But ... my P.R.I.N.C.E.S.S insists that this is one of the most beautiful dresses she has ever seen and believes whole-heartedly that she will ... wear this dress - SOMEWHERE!

I told her to give me the dress.

I would iron it.

Maybe that would help.

On the upside ... I have got to find somewhere for her to wear this Scarlett O'Hara dress. I'll have to cut off the bottom two layers of ruffles (she's only 40" tall for goodness sake), steam the heck out of the taffeta, but ... put it on her and ... she would definitely look like a P.R.I.N.C.E.S.S!

Life, and more:

She Truly Believes She Is A Princess + The Princess