Fashion Models + Life

Two Caterpillars Sitting On The Bed

So ... it's about 1:00 on Saturday afternoon and I am relaxing on my bed just watching some TV.

Alexis comes into my room with her blanket and climbs up on my bed with me.

She makes herself comfortable. She pulls a pillow behind her head. She straightens her legs out in front of her and throws her blanket across. She tucks the blanket all around her feet and all the way up her body and all I can see is her head, peaking out the top - she looks like a snug little caterpillar in a cozy cacoon.

She lies there still for a while, watching the cooking channel with me on TV and then in a squeaky little voice she suddenly says, "I'm the only one in the house that looks like a mess," she pulls the blanket over her head.

I look in her direction and say, "Have you looked at me?" reaching my hand up to smooth down my hair.

She doesn't look, but says, "Your hair doesn't look a mess - mine does."

I leaned way forward so she could see my face and my hair and say, "Look again!"

She cracked a big ol' messy-haired-catapillar smile and said, "Okay ... you look a mess too. We're the only two in this house ... that look a mess."

We both laugh.

On the upside ... Her hair was a mess, but ... she absolutely did not look as bad as I did. I think, once she really got a good look at me - it made her feel a whole lot better. She quickly slipped out from inside of her warm cacoon and ... we both agreed to get up and go brush our hair.

Alexis, and more:

Two Caterpillars Sitting On The Bed + Life