Fashion Models + LIFE

I Am Often Left Out Of The Loop

I am often the last person to find out stuff.

Like ...

When we are down to the last roll of toilet paper in the house.

Like ...

When we are out of vanilla ice cream and the bottle of Hershey's syrup is merely an empty bottle taking up space on the top shelf in the refrigerator.

Like ...

When I head across town to shop at a favorite store and I pull up to an OUT OF BUSINESS sign pasted inside the front window.

Recently ... I had to make a trip to Walgreens.

I grabbed my purse, slipped on my sandals and headed for the front door.

"Alexis - come get your shoes on - go with me to Walgreens," I yell down into the family room.

"I don't want to go."

"Do I have to go?"

"Why do I have to go?"

"Why are you going?"

"What are you going for?"

"Isn't it dinner time?"

She did not want to go.

"I've just gotta go pick up something real quick. Come on - go get on your shoes," I begin to beg.

"I don't want to go."

"Do I have to go?"

"Why do I have to go?"

"Why are you going?

"What are you going for?"

"Isn't is dinner time?"

She is stalling!

"A-LEX-IS! COME ON - it won't take that long." I go over to the back door and pick up her flip-flops and hand them too her.

"Why can't Little Billy watch me?

And ... Chandler? Chandler is downstairs playing with Little Billy.

They can watch me," she squeals - while - NOT - putting on her shoes.

I am becoming frustrated. "They can't watch you - just get your shoes and let's go!"

She puts her hands on her hips - walks over real close to me - bends her head way back and says ... "Why can't they watch me ... the two of them together make one grown-up."

On the upside ... Okay, okay okay .... this is something I would have loved to have known about A. LONG. TIME. AGO! I can't tell you the number of times over the years that I would have been ... stacking me some kids ... to make me SOME GROWN-UPS!

-

Alexis, and more:

I Am Often Left Out Of The Loop + LIFE