Fashion Models + Life

A DE-LICIOUS Christmas Treat

I am at my daughter's first grade Christmas party. I'm standing near the food table enjoying the delicious treats and chatting a bit with my sister-in-law (my niece and Alexis are in the same class).

I am standing with my back to the door and I am watching the kids play games, handing out slices of pizza to all the happy first graders, shoving apple wedges into my mouth and then I glance over at my sister-in-law and I suddenly see her eyes become fixed on something and a strange smile settles on her face. I turn around.

It is him.

He sticks his head into the classroom.

The classroom filled with way-to-many loud six year old children and their Christmas-sweater-wearin'-mothers, way too loud Christmas tunes coming from the stereo in the corner, way too much chatter going on about Santa this and Holiday that and waaaayyy too many pieces of apple being shoved into my big mouth .... just long enough to wave a hand at his darling daughter .... AND .... to once again allow all of us motherly-types to gaze upon his MIGHTY FINE GOOD LOOKING FACE ... one last time.

After smiling at him, I turn back to my sister-in-law (*that really should wipe the drool off of her lower lip with a holiday napkin, by the way*) and I look her right in the eyes.

She says, only mouthing the words, "He is sooooo good looking," and I nearly had to throw my arms around her to hold her up from falling to the ground or from melting into a pathetic puddle beneath the table.

I mouthed back, "Yes. He. Is," shoved yet more apples into my mouth and then turned back to get one last look at him - before he disappeared into the hallway.

I looked back into the room of rowdy children and loud music and there I saw - 10 mothers - all standing up perfectly straight, none paying attention to the party around them ... with their eyes focused on the door just behind me and big ol' goofy smiles on all of their faces.

He was gone - but there they stood - like hypnotized school girls ... gazing after him in hopes of catching just one - more - glimpse.

On the upside ... He will be around for at least 4 more years - we have many opportunities to see him again. We are only looking - you see - all of us motherly-types. He is married and so are we. We don't want him. We. Just. Want. To. Look. At. Him. - A. Lot!

Just A Story, and more:

A DE-LICIOUS Christmas Treat + Life