Fashion Models + Life

Take Everything We Own ... Except

Before I had kids ... I had certain ideas.

Almost every single thing I thought I knew ... was wrong.

Almost every single thing I thought I would never do ... I have done.

Almost every single thing I thought I would never say ... I have said.

Almost every single illusion ... has been dispelled.

The one and only thing I can say that has saved me from all-out-insanity is ...

THE TELEVISION!!

And ... while I truly believe that the one in our van is the most ingenious, life-saving, brilliant, worth-every-single-last-penny, invention ... I am just as grateful for all those TVs just plugged into the walls of our humble house!!

I am.

I don't care if you agree with me.

It is the one thing ... if you told me you were going to take every single item out of my house and I could only choose one thing to keep - I'd give you my nice cozy bed, I'd give you my lap-top (reluctantly), I'd give you my CDs and radios and jewelry and clothes and shoes and nic-nacs and furniture and rugs and toilets and tubs and books and dishes and dogs and cats ... and there they'd be ... my four children, perfectly happy, sitting on the cold tile floor, staring at the screen of our TV - naked - with big ol' smiles on their grubby, dirty faces.

On the upside ... Really, I'm glad I don't have to choose, as I'd be really hard to live with without my clothes and bed and toilet and tub and lap-top and jewelry and lap-top and shoes ...

And Another Thing, and more:

Take Everything We Own ... Except + Life