Fashion Models + The Princess

Back Up Mini-Me ... This Bathroom Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us

My little six year old daughter is a mini-me.

And this is not a good thing!

(*Lowers head - sighs deeply - mumbles*) I have made a few mistakes.

  • I have allowed this child to believe that she has fine taste in clothing.
  • I have mindlessly indulged her attraction to makeup and allowed her to use it from time to time.
  • I have passed onto her my infatuation with clothes and shoes and purses and jewelry and foolishly encouraged this costly obsession.
  • I have influenced her terribly in the area of hair-madness.
  • I have been far too lenient in allowing her to voice her grown-up opinions.
She. Is. Out. Of. Control!!! (*hear off in the far distance, author's mother and sister laughing ... hysterically).

She wants to wear makeup each and every time we go out to a restaurant. She wants to choose her outfits to go anywhere. She insists on changing clothes at least once after she gets home from school, including new socks and shoes. She sifts through my jewelry for accessories to match her attire. She insists that her taste exceeds my own. She prefers clothing to toys. She has far too many shoes.

This past Sunday, when she was getting herself dressed for church (and was on the third outfit), she begged to wear a necklace from my jewelry box. I pulled out a gold chain and attached a heart pendant (Avon - gold with a pink heart in the middle). I could tell right away that this necklace did not meet her standards, but I went ahead a put it around her neck, turned her prissy little body around and guided her out of my room, so I could get dressed. She came back a short time later and asked for a bracelet, so I got her one. I decided to reconsider the necklace and asked, "Do you want to wear this?" And she said, "I really love this necklace, but No," (she said this really fast - like she was so relieved that she didn't have to wear this substandard piece of junk). She did not love the necklace, so ... I found her another one (what am I doing?).

On the upside ... I have yet to find a way to undo all the mistakes I have made (it's six years of them and I'm pretty good at instilling stuff in my kids' minds - I'm pretty sure I don't have a clue how to undo any of this), but ... at least she will dress herself (that's one point for me). And ... I finally got that girly-girl I so wanted ... (*pathetic groan*) (*again, mother and sister off in the distance laughing hysterically*).

Life, and more:

Back Up Mini-Me ... This Bathroom Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us + The Princess