Fashion Models + LIFE

Baubles, Beads And Blue Bloods

We've all known of people that love to climb mountains.

I have to imagine, if I believed in reincarnation, that people like that might have likely been ... say ... a billy-goat, in a previous life.

And ... if you are one of those people that is drawn to the sea - just love the ocean ... it is reasonable to assume - if you believed in reincarnation - that those sorts of people might have been either a pirate or a boat captain - in a previous life. They might also have been ... say ... a clam or jellyfish.

I know exactly what I was in a previous life.

I was definitely a QUEEN!

Alexis was too!

I think she and I were in the same blue-blood family - we are so much alike!

I contribute this belief, primarily due to my ... love of jewels.

My love for glistening crystals.

My love for dangly things - such as colorful beads or feathers.

Not real jewels, necessarily. Not real crystals. But ... those types of baubles adorned to clothing - making the shirt of boot or blouse or jeans - the gaudy, glittery spectacle - ONLY a QUEEN might wear!

Alexis and I love ... sequins, rhinestones, feathers, gems, beads ... any sort of beautiful, gaudy bauble - LOVE THEM!

Many mornings, Alexis will wander into my room and rummage through my jewelry boxes in search of some glassy jewel she can wear with her outfit to school. It could be a necklace or a bracelet or a pin.

I share my JEWELS freely with my little blue-blooded darling, as I know the need to adorn one's self with trinkets and jewels and ... I understand how this desire to lavish herself - her blue-blood body ... is beyond her control.

The other morning, she meandered into my room for me to brush her hair for school.

Once I was done - pulling her tresses into a simple pony-tail on top of her head, she turned to me and said, "I'd like a bun today," and then she turned her little blue-blood head around for me to get to work.

I twisted.

I twirled.

I piled.

I pinned.

It was a bun.

As I was about to push the final bobby-pin into the beautiful bun on the top of her head, she turned to me, frustrated, and said, "No, no, no," her tone was calm - but demanding. "I want this," and she held her hand up to my face.

On the upside ... I did what she asked and could not help but smile. I watched my little QUEEN as she walked out of my room - her hair piled in a neat bun on the top of her head - held perfectly in place with a big ol' GAUDY, RHINESTONE COVERED, QUEEN LOOKIN' hair pin - sticking out the top. I yelled after her ... "You look beautiful. Don't lose my pin." HEY ... you never know when I might need to wear the thing.

Alexis, and more:

Baubles, Beads And Blue Bloods + LIFE