Fashion Models + Life

From OshKosh To Overalls - I'm Not Sure Where I Went Wrong!

My husband's father lives in the town my husband grew up in - south of where we live - about 40 minutes away.

My husband's mother lives in a town near where my husband grew up - south of where we live - about an hour away.

My husband often goes to help his mother - takes her to the grocery store and run errands - she no longer drives.

Hearing that my husband was going to his mothers, I suggested that he take Little Billy with him - drop Little Billy at his father's house, so Little Billy could hang out with his grandfather for the afternoon.

Hearing this suggestion, Alexis piped up and complained that she wanted to go - wanted to go hang out with Grandpa.

"Alexis," my son looks across the aisle in the car at his sister, "You aren't made to handle it - it's hot and we do outdoor stuff - you have to be tough and rough," he looks her seriously in the eyes as he talks. "You have to be a redneck - like us - the On The Upside men," he never twitched an eyebrow.

I looked at my redneck husband.

The husband that is raising this redneck boy.

He smiled a big ol' redneck grin.

I cringed and then couldn't help but smile back.

Little Billy, now gazing out the window, watching the cars pass by, continues, "It's not somethin' yur taught, either," he looks over at his sister and chuckles, "It's somethin' yur born with."

I SWEAR!

On the upside ... I looked over at my redneck husband again and realized - at that very moment - NOPE ---- It is definitely a LITTLE OF BOTH!

I turned around and looked at Alexis and said "It's okay, Sweetie. You don't want to be a redneck - you'd have to wear crumby clothes."

I don't think I convinced her.
She got all teary eyed and sad looking.
I guess she's next.
I guess she'll be getting those redneck lessons from Daddy Redneck real soon, as she doesn't seem to be coming by the redneck gene naturally (she obviously takes more after my side of the family *tee hee*).

Alexis and Billy, and more:

From OshKosh To Overalls - I'm Not Sure Where I Went Wrong! + Life