Fashion Models + Life

Pucker - Up

So ... we are going to go out to dinner.

My mother is staying with us - we are at the lake.

Time goes by and it is getting late.

I am sitting in the living room, watching the news on TV.

My mom walks in the room."Are we going?" she asks.

"I'm just waiting for everyone to get down here," I'm not really in much of a hurry.

"I thought we were going," my mom seems in more of a hurry than me.

I look over at her. She's ready to go. "I'm waiting for Alexis," I say, and turn my attention back to the news.

My mom sits in a nearby chair. "Where is she? What's she doing?'

"Well ... she's probably putting on make-up," I never look away from the TV.

I know the look on my mother's face without even having to see it (tee hee).

*We are waiting ... for the 6 year old to put on HER MAKE-UP!?!* -- You know -- That look!

I still don't look - I just wait.

A short while later - about 10 minutes or so, Alexis wanders into the living room with her hair clipped up in a (*messy*) bun on the back of her head and make-up generously applied to her little-girl face.

She is ready to go.

We were ready to go.

On the upside ... Alexis looked a bit over-made-up, for a six year old - she did. But ... it wasn't her face that was priceless. You should have seen the look on my mother's face when she realized I was going to let this child go out of the house looking like that! It was a funny sight - my daughter looking like a Mabaline clown and my mother following after her in total shock. (I wonder if my mother knows I do some of this stuff just to mess with her (*HA*).

Alexis, and more:

Pucker - Up + Life