Fashion Models + Life

Somtimes ... You Should Just Stay Close To Home

I have a husband of 23 years.

I have 4 kids for the past 15 years.

I have a house and yard to take care of.

I have meals to make.

Mouths to feed.

Laundry to do.

Bills to pay.

Shopping.

I have 2 dogs.

I have 3 cats.

I have a lot of stuff to do in my world!

So ... the other day ... when our yellow cat - Garfield - came home - CASTRATED ... I could not have been more pleased!

With Garfield, we open the door - let him in to eat and sleep and then let him out when he wants out and he wanders around at night and comes back when he pleases. Sometimes ... he is gone for several days at a time.

Apparently ... over the course of the past several weeks, he has been, not only, going in and out of our house to sleep and eat - but in and out of someone else's house as well - because ... his other family decided to have poor Garfield - FIXED!

Like I said ... I could not have been more pleased!

I can now cross that worry off of my to-do list - YIPPIE!

Along with the shots - as I have to assume his other family probably got those for him as well - took care of all of it while he was in for the snip-snip operation.

My kids were not at all pleased.

They were quite distressed.

"He's our cat," they all screamed, upon hearing (and seeing) the news. "We need to get a collar and put a tag on it that says 'This is Garfield and he HAS A HOME - SEND HIM BACK HOME.'" They were not happy - at all.

I tried to explain to these kids that this was a good thing - how the other family was there to also take care of him if he wandered by and all - how the other family could be the one to continue to take care of the veterinary bills - all good!

But, they didn't want to hear any of it.

On the upside ... We honestly believed that he had come back - trying to maybe get away from the other family that had done this to him, but ... he's gone again. And ... just for the record - when he comes back again - and he will - I AM NOT BUYING THAT CAT A COLLAR! This is the pefect arrangement as far as I am concerned.

Just A Story, and more:

Somtimes ... You Should Just Stay Close To Home + Life