Fashion Models + Life

A Little Forrest Gump

The other day, I was sitting on my bed.

My laptop was in front of me, my TV was on ... I had a bag of GHIRARDELLI chocolates in my lap.

I opened the bag slowly and reached my hand inside.

I pulled out a chocolate square and was thinking, I can't wait to eat this chocolate. This chocolate is going to be simply delicious - I can't wait to eat this chocolate. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum ......

When, suddenly ---- at that very same moment that I was about to tear the shiney wrapper from my chocolate square, on the TV ----- came a GHIRARDELLI commercial!

What are the odds of that?

It was wild and crazy and I can now mark it down as one of those weird little moments in my life.

I know ... not really so phenomenal, but it was a moment.

I haven't honestly had too many of those sorts of weird moments in my life - not that stand out - you know.

Once ... my sister and I were shopping together. We walked up to the cash register to check out and she began to talk to the cashier about how I had this whole basket full of stuff, but that somehow, my bill would end up being far less than hers - because I am such a frugal shopper, yada, yada, yada. When the cashier rang up my sister's bill, she stood in front of me with her bagged goods and waited for my stuff to be rung up. When the cashier hit the total button on her register - OUR BILLS WERE EXACTLY THE SAME TOTAL!!!

Another - weird moment - but not earth-shattering or life changing by any stretch of the imagination.

When I was pregnant with my twins - on the morning that I was to go to the doctor (at 4 months) for a sonogram, my husband and I went first to meet with our accountant in her office. I made the statement to our accountant, "If I am right - that I am going to have twins - then we will have two additional deductions on our taxes next year." When we left the accountant's office, I called my mother and asked her to meet us at the doctor's office. I had a feeling that she would want to be there - when the technician was going to announce that she was going to be the grandmother of twins. My mother came. When I was lying on the table in that dark room, my mother stood by my side and rambled on and on to the technician that everyone was always teasing me that I was so big and wouldn't it be really crazy if Kellan were going to have twins and ... just about that time, the technician moved her scanner over my belly, looked my mother in the face and said, "Well ... there are two babies." My mother cried.

Now ... that was a CRAZY moment and ... a LIFE CHANGING moment!

One of the most fabulous and thrilling LIFE CHANGING moments of my life!

Life is definitely like a bag of GHIRARDELLI chocolates ..... each little bit is a moment wrapped in a splendid shiney wrapper and the treat inside has the possibility of being .... SIMPLY DELICIOUS!

Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet children - to my darling husband - to my wonderful family and friends. I love you all very much!

And ... Happy Valentine's Day to all my blogging friends. Our journey together has been just like a piece of chocolate - simply delightful!!

Just A Story, and more:

A Little Forrest Gump + Life