Fashion Models + Special Moments

Today ... I Heard Her Voice

It was a drizzly morning and I had just come out of the door of my daughter's school.

I stepped out into the rain and crossed the street.

Walking towards me, across the parking lot, was a man and a tiny little girl.

He was holding her hand.

As they moved closer, I noticed her dark curly hair fluffed around her tiny face, peeking out the sides of her red hooded jacket. She didn't look old enough to walk.

I smiled at the man.

I passed the small girl.

Suddenly ... from behind me, I heard her say, "I'ths wainin' ta-day."

I turned back.

She was pulling on her daddy's hand and straining her body so she could turn around in my direction.

I stopped.

I looked into her sweet little face and I said, "Yes it is. It's raining today."

And ... they went on into the school.

I was immediately taken with this tiny child. I don't know how old she was - maybe 2, but she was very little and I was surprised by the words that came out of her mouth. That she had the words. That I understood the words.

I loved how she was determined to make herself known - to make herself heard. I loved how she had chosen me to interact with and that she was ... interacting with the world. This very tiny girl.

I felt honored.

I heard her voice today.

------------------------------------

Please go over and check out my friend Courtney's post that she wrote today on this same subject - it's a great post!

Life, and more:

Today ... I Heard Her Voice + Special Moments