Fashion Models + The Princess

She's A Girl After My Own Heart

Alexis goes into her brother's room and comes out with an armful of books.

She walks into my room, drops them on the floor and sits down amongst them.

She opens a books and begins to read.

After a short while, I hear her say, "What the ...?"

I look down and she has the book open across her lap. I see there is a page missing. Torn out.

She says, "This is bad."

I say, "Yep - that's not good."

Then she smiles, ever her mother's optimist and she says, sweetly, "That's okay. I'll just make up something that makes sense," and she does - makes up some story for the missing page - and goes on.

On the upside ... I don't know who tore that page from one of Little Billy's books (duh) - but ... I was so pleased by the way Alexis handled this dilemma. Some child might have given up on that book - but not her. She just added her own story and went on. I think she might just have the stuff to be a writer someday. That'd be cool!

(Note: The dart board behind the door in my picture was put there after I took it away from my son - he had it mounted on the wall in his bedroom - throwing darts at it - there are now little holes in the wall just over his bed. It's now MY dart board!).

Life, and more:

She's A Girl After My Own Heart + The Princess