Fashion Models + Surviving My Life

Who Is Doing All That Yellin'? Oh ... It's Me

There once was a girl named Kellan
That sure did a whole lot of yellin'
She'd puff up her chest
And take a deep breath
And sometimes curse like a felon

There ya go. That's the words that will be inscribed on my grave stone.

I am a yeller. My sister is a yeller. My mother was a yeller. She will, of course, deny this ... but I have my brother and sister to back me up. She was a yeller.

I guess this is a trait passed down from generation to generation.

I am not so much yellin' at the little ones ... so much. But I sure do a lot of yellin' at the big ones. I don't like to admit that I am a yeller, but I am.

And ... I truly believe that most of the yellin' has come from living in a two story house. It has! I yell up the stairs - no one answers. I yell again, louder - no one answers. I yell even louder - no one answers. I SCREAM - someone answers.

I have gone up and down these stairs in my house for a whole lot of years - carrying babies, carrying laundry baskets, carrying toys, carrying cats, carrying dogs, carrying everything that goes upstairs - up. And everything that goes down stairs - down. I was tired of going up these stairs ... along time ago. If I can stand at the bottom of those stairs and YELL - I will. It doesn't work, but I still do it. I could actually run up those stairs fifteen times and back down again ... before anyone ever actually answers me. I don't know why I do it. I am just tired of going up those stairs.

And I do a whole lot of yellin' out the front door. "Will you get in here before I come out there and get you? You don't want me to come out there and get you do you? I'm gonna count to three and if you're not in here ..." God forbid I should just walk out there and get them - No ... I stand at the door and YELL!

And I also yell a lot when I stumble upon a surprise MESS, "H.O.L.Y. C.R.A.P. WHO MADE THIS BIG OL' MESS?!?! Somebody better get up here right now and clean up this BIG OL' MESS! I DON'T HEAR ANYBODY COMING UP HERE ..."

Yep ... and I also yell occasionally about homework not completed in a timely manner, a poor grade or bad behavior at school and anytime one of my children refuses to do something I have asked them to do and they are taking their sweet time doing it.

There once was a girl named Kellan
Who sure did a whole lot of yellin'
When she went to her grave
All her kids then behaved
Cuz that's when she was finally ... gellin'

On the upside ... On all my kids' grave stones it will say: "DITTO THAT RHYME ON MY MOTHER'S CRAVE STONE". Cuz, I'm sure ... I'll pass it on down.

(Have you seen that Dr. Shoal's commercial: "Are you gellin'?" - you try to come up with a word that rhymes with Kellan other than watermelon).

Life, and more:

Who Is Doing All That Yellin'? Oh ... It's Me + Surviving My Life