Fashion Models + My Children

I Knew

When you were born ... my children

I had no idea what sort of mother I would be.

I knew who I was ...

I knew who your father was ...

I knew what I loved about life.
I knew what I believed in.
I knew where I was going.
I knew where I had been.
I knew what I wanted.

I never knew that all the things I desired for myself would be the same things I would want for you but magnified by a thousand fold.

I never knew if my words were always strong enough ...

I never knew if my words were always kind enough ...

I never knew ... if when I had no words ... if my light would be bright enough to still lead you to where you needed to go.

I never knew all the answers.

I never knew ... so many things.

I know who I am ...

I know who your father is ...

I know who you are ... my children.

You are the best of me ...

You are the best of your father ...

One day ...

When you leave me ...

I hope you look back at all the things I never knew with compassion and forgiveness.

I hope you see the best that is in you ... in me.

I never knew so many things.

I hope you realize that ...

The ties I have to you ...

The bond ...

The connection ...

The love ...

Has been the most powerful and important thing in my life.

But ...

As much effort as has gone into the years of creating and sustaining the bonds between you and I ...

It was never a difficult journey ...

It has been a pleasure ...

A joy.

I hope it was enough.

-

LIFE, and more:

I Knew + My Children