Fashion Models + My Sweet Boy

STOP ALREADY!

My son has been into Sharpies lately. Over the summer he begged me to buy bunches of them.

So I did. BIG mistake!

He proceeded, the entire summer, to Sharpie anything and everything he could think of! I'd walk into his room and there was constantly this overwhelming smell of the Sharpies (you know the smell) and him there on the floor, hovered over an old toy or something ... ee,ee,ee,ee (*the sound a Sharpie makes*). I began to worry that he was doing that sniffing or huffing I've heard about and so I would tell him to "Stop already" with all the coloring of everything (entire shoe boxes, small trucks, treads of shoes, bills of ball caps ...). "STOP ALREADY. And ... if you have to do it - open a window or take it outside."

It became a joke in our family and with friends - this strange obsession he had with Sharpies. I'd joke to friends, "Oh ... it's the same refrigerator - we just left The Boy too long alone - WITH A BLACK SHARPIE - in the house."

I swear - he has colored everything!

I think we should have him Sharpie that old Studebaker we have sitting in our driveway (long story - will one day write about that under the category: My husband and his redneck hobbies). Color it black (all of it - ee, ee, ee, ee, ee) - put some bright orange and red flames on the hood and down the sides - insert the SHARPIE logo in scroll writing amidst the flames - send it to the Sharpie company as a commercial for this product - get some money out of this CRAZY obsession.

I try to encourage my children's artistic enthusiasm - I do. But Son ... STOP ALREADY!

On the upside ... He's not coloring as much lately as he was over the summer. Maybe he just had too much time on his hands - ya think?

Life, and more:

STOP ALREADY! + My Sweet Boy