Fashion Models + Special Moments

My Dark World

I am a night owl.

I have always loved the night - the darkness - the stillness of a sleeping world.

I try to encourage my body and mind to rise early - to wake with the sun and enjoy the part of the day that I have - for so long - given away easily to those that love the dawn.

It has never worked.

I was born to love the night.

It is when I relax.

It is when I enjoy my coffee the most.

It is when I relish the quiet and it is when my mind begins to spin and create and think.

And, it is when I am pulled outside ...

Into ...

The darkness.

Come with me.

Come on ...

I know it's dark ...

I know it's late ...

But this is when it happens ...

Come.

Now ...

Sit right there in that wicker chair on my back patio.

Sit.

Now close your eyes.

Go on - close them.

And now ...

I want you to listen.

Do you hear it?

The crickets?

Hear them chirping - talking to their mates?

And ... the soft hum of the pool pump deep in the back of the yard - back in the darkness?

Hear the frogs croaking - singing, almost - way down by the fence?

The cars and trucks driving by on the freeway off in the distance?

And ...

The train.

If you listen closely - you can hear the train as it crosses the road down by the high school.

Can you hear the sounds of my night?

The occasional plane traveling along the flight path over-head ... lowing its landing gear.

The coyotes - Oh - did you hear the pack moving along the road and into the neighborhood behind my yard? Listen ... there must be at least six or eight ... hunting in the night.

Do you hear the bugs buzzing around the porch light - banging into the wall - drawn to the glow?

Do you hear the neighbor's dog barking, down the street - making far too much noise for this time of night?

It's cool out - isn't it?

It's cooling off.

Can you feel it?

It's been a long, hot summer.

It is the night time when ...

I go outside into the darkness ...

Sit on this porch ...

To hear the sounds of my world ...

The life around me and my house ...

Take in the smells of the yard and oak trees and sweet grass.

Can you feel it?

Can you smell it?

Can you hear it?

It is my world.

It is TEXAS!

And ...

I love it in the darkness of the night!

Thank you for sharing it with me.

You can open your eyes.

LIFE, and more:

My Dark World + Special Moments