Fashion Models + LIFE

That Girl Needs To ... Eat Some Woppers and ... Chill Out!

Alexis is a bit theatrical.

She's a bit of a DRAMA QUEEN!

I have never seen a child throw so many fits over the most ridiculous of things.

Sometimes ...

The drama is predictable and sometimes ...

It comes out of the blue.

Things could be going along swimmingly and BOOM! - Alexis is in sudden MELTDOWN - Arms waving - spit flying - tears flowing - squeals squeaking out of her mouth!

Sometimes ...

I KNOW the meltdown is coming - you know - I'm actually the one that caused the combustion - like when she's in the middle of watching a favorite show and I tell her it's time for her bath - MELTDOWN!

There are many meltdowns like this - I see them coming.

Then ...

There are those that SURPRISE me.

The ones that come out of left field - where something is said or done that rubs her funny ... MELTDOWN!

I don't LIKE any of the meltdowns - don't enjoy the tantrums or whining or crying or theatrics - but ... I do find that I am amused more by the spontaneous, unpredictable meltdowns - sometimes they are just funny.

Recently ...

We were at the theatre - sitting in our seats - waiting for the movie - me, Alexis, Little Billy and one of Little Billy's friends.

Little Billy wanted to go get some candy.

I gave him money.

He stood up.

Alexis ----- MELTDOWN MODE - right out of left field!

Her face got all twisted - squeals squeaked loudly from her mouth - she slid almost completely to the floor as her body began to wrench and spasm! It was ridiculously LOUD. Ridiculously painful to watch and hear and ... ridiculously ... NOT FUNNY!

Little Billy's friend turned slowly in his seat to face the DRAMA QUEEN - and just stared in disbelief.

Alexis' mother - turned quietly in her seat so as to have a better view of the spectacle unfolding - and just stared in disbelief.

Little Billy ---

Moves quickly across the aisle ---

Stands very close to his CRAZY sister ---

Gazes down at her calmly ---

He says ...

In his most excellent "mom" tone ---

The one he's practiced ---

The one he's mimicked ---

The one he uses behind his mom's back and thinks she doesn't notice ---

He says ...

"Well ...

That's - An - Ugly - Face.

Just tell me ...

Tell me ...

What kind of candy do you want."

On the upside ... I guess she thought she wasn't gettin' any candy - WHO KNOWS!?! But ... Little Billy has her figured out - she sat right up, straightened her CRAZY SELF back in her seat and --- quietly --- PUT IN HER CANDY ORDER! *Smiles*

Me --- I needed something more intoxicating than Strawberry Twizzlers or a box of Milk Duds! Instead ... I got an hour and a half of WALL-E and the DRAMA QUEEN munching on Woppers and snuggling up under my arm because ... she was soooooo COLD!

-

Alexis and Billy, and more:

That Girl Needs To ... Eat Some Woppers and ... Chill Out! + LIFE