Fashion Models + Life

On This Night We Needed TiVo - With A Cherry On Top

I am getting myself ready to go to my girls' basketball game.

I yell down to the kitchen for Alexis and Little Billy to hurry and eat their soup and sandwiches or we will be late for the game.

Alexis comes running up the stairs and flies into the bathroom, out of breath, stops by my side and squeals ... "I don't want to go (*whine - moan - groan*), "I have to stay here! I have to watch Minute Man," she pleads with her big brown eyes. "It comes on at 8:00 ......... 7:00 Central time."

I laugh, "Seven Central time?" I laugh again. "Well ... we wouldn't want you to miss it then."

She wanders back downstairs.

After I am dressed and ready to go - I go downstairs. I see my son standing near the refrigerator and on the island counter next to him, is a bowl of ice cream. I say, "What's that?"

He looks up proudly and announces, "I call it (*insert imaginary loud trumpet*) - Sugar Rush," - he smiles real big. "It's my Super Deluxe Ice Cream Friday (because it's Fri-day ... not Sun-day - get it)." He has named this bowl of ice cream.

Oh.

On the upside ... Sometimes ... I think my kids have too much time on their hands. And ... I think - after that bowl of ice cream - I am certainly going to owe Aunt V after this babysitting favor. "Tell her I'll be home - at 9:00 - 8:00 Central," I yell out the door. Alexis yells back, "Okay Mom." I am so funny - Bahaha!

Alexis and Billy, and more:

On This Night We Needed TiVo - With A Cherry On Top + Life