Fashion Models + Life

HELP - I AM STEPPING WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!

Three things!

You know I'm going to San Francisco - right?

I am.

To the BlogHer '08 Conference.

That's right!

I am going - Next Thursday!


  • I've never been to - well, anywhere - by myself - let alone to a conference where I will be meeting lots of other bloggers. Famous bloggers. Bloggers I admire and worship. Bloggers I have "known", but have never met.
  • I don't know what to wear. I always over pack. I do not want to come off gaudy or frumpy or nerdy or ... OLD! While ... I AM OLD - I do not want to come off - OLD! There will be sessions. There will be cocktail parties. There will be leisurely get-togethers in the evenings in my room (HA!).

    I'm only going for 4 days - look at all these clothes!
    But ... my packing moto is - If it fits in the suitcase, it gets to go with me - so ... it is likely all going!

  • I am going to be meeting BLOGGERS!!! I know - I mentioned this - but ... I WILL BE MEETING SO MANY OTHER BLOGGERS!! I will be meeting her and her and her - and many, many others.

I am excited about this trip.

I am nervous.

AND ...

I am not equipped, socially, to handle this.

I'm not!

I'm good with people I know and not so good with people I don't know.

Ask my sister.

She's the social butterfly in our family - not me.

Never was!

I am going to do my best.

Use every trick my sister ever taught me.

Talk to people - smile - shake hands - ask lots of questions - offer personal information, blah, blah, blah.

I have little confidence that I will actually pull it off, but ...

I'm going!

I'm going to San Francisco and I have a room to myself (YIPPIE!) - a KING SIZED BED - NO KIDS for 4 days - NO nothin' about kids for 4 days except talking about my blog and hearing about other mommy blogs - NO household chores - NO yard work - NO office work - NO answering the phone in my house because I am the only one that ever does that - NO running kids all over the world to get to games and practices and classes and sleep-overs - NO making meals and washing dishes and clothes - NO making sure the animals are fed and the bathrooms have toilet paper and soap - NO picking up shoes and trash and dirty clothes ... NO PEOPLE AROUND THAT I KNOW!

I am not good with people I don't know.

I know - I said that.

But ... I'm not!

I never say the right thing.

I'm seldom very interesting.

And ... I'm thinking about taking this little stroller like thing to lug all my stuff around.

Seriously.

One of those grocery pull-along carts - OLD WOMEN use - those OLD WOMEN you see waiting at the bus stop - you know.

Yes...... I'm thinking about toting one of those along - to lug all my stuff. Like my laptop, binders, camera, batteries, business cards, purse ... HOW WILL I LUG ALL MY STUFF without one of those OLD LADY grocery cart thingys?

But ... if I do - everyone is surly going to think I am RIDICULOUS! Did you see her - she was pushing one of those OLD LADY grocery cart thingys - she looked RIDICULOUS - that On The Upside chick!

But ... I gotta lug my stuff!

I know I am over thinking this.

I tend to do that.

When I'm nervous - or scared - or out of my element.

Think - think - think - think - think ...

PLUS ... I now have only 6 days ... to LOSE 28 LBS!

*sigh*

Wish me luck!

I'm liable to have lots of stories when I come back or ----- more likely ----- you might very well be reading a few RIDICULOUSLY REVEALING STORIES ABOUT ME on other blogs!

Blogging, and more:

HELP - I AM STEPPING WAY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE! + Life