Fashion Models + Life

Happy Birthday My Baby Girl

Alexis, was my husband and my 17th wedding anniversary gift to one another. I remember a friend saying to me at the time I announced this news (that I was pregnant again) to him, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?" jokingly referring to my age.

I say it was my husband's fault, he says it was mine - this unplanned conception. He tells people that he, on the night in question, was like a fighter pilot ... coming in for a landing. He says he could see the landing deck, he could see the lights and he could see me ... waving him in.

I don't recall it exactly the same way. After seventeen years of marriage, I may have looked up to the sky and I am sure I saw the aircraft coming at me ... but, I'm not so sure I was waving him in.

But ... OH, what a gift Alexis has been! While she was nine years younger than our oldest daughters when she was born and ... my husband and I were ancient when we had her, she was the greatest surprise - the greatest gift!

I just love her to death! She tells me, "I love you as many as there are grasses in the world, as many as there are bees in the world, as many as there are leaves in the world, as many as there are cherries in the world and as many as there are eyelashes in the world."

I love her as much as all of these things, as well!

Happy Birthday, My Sweet Girl!

You are a glorious ray of sunshine!

You have brought tremendous JOY into our lives!

I can not imagine my life without you!!

I love you to pieces!

Alexis, and more:

Happy Birthday My Baby Girl + Life