Fashion Models + Special Days

Summertime, Summertime ... Sum, Sum, Summertime ...

It's almost here ...

It won't be long now...

It's just around the corner ...

Yes ... it is almost summertime ... in Texas!

Time for swimsuits.

Time for swimming.

Time for riding bikes in the great outdoors.

Time for school to BE OUT!!

I am sooooooo ready for SCHOOL to be OVER!!

I'm ready for leisurely mornings where I wander from my bedroom and find happy children lounging with cereal bowls in the laps, Pop-Tart crumbs on their faces, wearing their pajamas on the couch and watching cartoons.

I'm ready to stop stocking my pantry with small bags of chips, Little Debbie snack cakes and juice boxes for all those bagged lunches.

I'm ready for no more homework or worrying about grades and behavior and agendas and reports and projects and assignments and bus schedules!

The time has come again ...

The time when my family spends ...

Evenings up late watching rental movies and cuddling pillows and bowls of popcorn on the couch.

Afternoons in the car ... running up to the ice cream shop for cones and sprinkles.

Weekends at the lake - boating and swimming and fishing and ... watching the stars in the summer sky.

It's time for romps in the sprinklers and trips to the beach!

Time to visit with family and friends and enjoy Bar-B-Q's in the evenings with George Strait singing on the radio and his sweet Texas voice floating on the summer breeze.

It's time for iced tea and smoothies and cold pasta salads.

I can feel it coming.

I can smell it in the air.

It won't be long now.

I can't hardly wait!

Summertime, Summertime ... Sum, Sum, Summertime ...

On the upside ... Okay! So ... it's been in the 90's for weeks, the kids have been swimming so much that they are already bored with it and we've had a Bar-B-Q or two ---- I'm still waiting to pack away the backpacks and file away my PTA binder. I think I am as excited as the kids. I can't wait for SCHOOL. TO. BE OUT!!!! I can't wait for SUMMER!!

Life, and more:

Summertime, Summertime ... Sum, Sum, Summertime ... + Special Days