Fashion Models + Life

Just Call Me "The Cookie Mom-ster"

My twins always have some friend over at our house.

Recently, their friend T came over to spend the night.

She brought with her, a package of refrigerator chocolate chip cookie dough.

They baked these cookies in my oven.

I could smell those yummy cookies all the way up in my bedroom.

I searched them out - on a plate - on the lap of one of my girls.

I reached in to help myself to a cookie.

"THEY'RE OURS!" my sweet daughter SCREAMED into my shocked face.

"I can't just have a few?" I asked sadly.

"THEY'RE OURS!" my sweet daughter SCREAMED again into her mother's face.

"Just 2. That's all I want - just 2," I begged with my eyes.

"Give her the cookies," my other daughter said from across the room.

"But ... THEY'RE OURS!" the one stingy daughter SCREAMED again... (*sigh*)

She finally gave her poor mother 2 cookies.

No more - just 2.

So ...

The following morning, I went to clean up the family room and I picked up the empty glasses, wadded up napkins and two red plates that were stacked together. I walked the mess of dishes to the kitchen.

Just as I flung the dishes on the counter next to the sink, the plates separated and this is what fell out:

FIVE of THEIR COOKIES (I already ate one of them)!

What do you think I did?

Do you think I SCREAMED through the house:

"CAN I HAVE ONE OF THESE COOKIES?"

"IS IT OKAY IF I EAT ONE OF YOUR COOKIES?"

"DO YOU MIND IF I HAVE ONE OF THESE COOKIES?"

Noooooooooooooo!

I threw those cookies on a napkin, hid them behind my back, tip-toed like a quiet little cookie-eating mouse out of the kitchen and ran as fast as I could, up to my room.

On the upside ... I know - I probably didn't need all 5 of those cookies - I DIDN'T CARE! Sometimes you just have to eat all 5 cookies ... because you can - ya know!

Courtney and Chloe, and more:

Just Call Me "The Cookie Mom-ster" + Life