Fashion Models + Surviving Motherhood

I'm Gonna Count To 3 ... One ... Two ...

I am sitting on my bed.

I yell, "Little Billy - Alexis - time to go brush your teeth and get to bed. You have school tomorrow."

I go back to what I am doing.

A few minutes go by.

I raise my voice and yell again, "Little Billy - Alexis - time to go brush you teeth!"

No children.

No response.

I go back to what I am doing.

A few minutes go by.

I yell again, "Little Billy - Alexis! Where are you? It's time to brush your teeth and get into bed!"

No children.

No response.

I go back to what I am doing (because I am such a good Mom).

A few minutes go by.

I yell, "I am gonna count to three. One ............ Two .............," and ...

I see my son - fly out of his room - wind in his hair - arms flapping - legs stumbling - screeching around the corner of his door - running as fast as his skinny little legs will carry his skinny little body - into the bathroom. He is like a cartoon character - smiling a big toothy smile when he sees that I see this ridiculous display.

Alexis - she strolls out of her room ... ever so slowly ... at the count of .............Three!

On the upside ... I have used this, One, Two, Three - tactic - for years. It works like a charm. I don't know what it is about this counting that scares my kids to death (nothing - I mean - nothing - has ever happened - all I ever do is count) - but they always JUMP when I say, "I am gonna count to 3". What do you suppose they are thinking I will do to them? Go in there and get them? Bahahahahahahahahaha!

Life, and more:

I'm Gonna Count To 3 ... One ... Two ... + Surviving Motherhood