Fashion Models + Life

I Do Love Banana Pancakes!

Courtney saw a sign on the way home from school that read:

FREE KITTENS

Courtney wanted a kitten.

I said, "NO!"

She begged,
"Please, please, please - can we get another kitten?"

I said, "NO!"

She asked for days and days - promising everything under the sun.

The promise I liked best was, "I'll be nicer to everyone."

I almost caved on that one - we could use some additional niceness from Courtney!!

I said, "NO!"

So .....

It was the weekend and I gave my husband a list of chores I wanted done!

One of the chores on his list was to take a table and six chairs from our garage to our warehouse.

He asked Courtney to go along to help him unload the furniture.

THEY CAME HOME WITH THIS:

I rolled my eyes!

I screamed a bit!

I shook my head and turned my head away.

And then ...

I said ...

"Give me that baby!"

"I'm naming him Banana," Courtney announced proudly. "Banana Pancake - Banana for short," she laughed hysterically.

I rolled my eyes.

"BANANA?" I held the baby up in the air and then smothered his teeny-tiny little head with kisses. "That is a ridiculous name."

"No it's not," Courtney cried. "It's from Juno."

"It's ridiculous - go to the back door and YELL it," I insisted.

She did.

"BA-NAN-A," she screamed.

"See!" I smiled, and then kissed that sweet little Banana on top of the head once again!

On the upside ... I know - I know - You were certain that I was the one in charge around my house - THE BOSS even!!

AP-PAR-ENT-LY NOT!

That's okay ... I've been needing some currency to hold over Courtney's head. That kitten came along just in time for summer!!

Now ... I need to have a talk with Courtney's father - remind him who is in charge around here!

Courtney, and more:

I Do Love Banana Pancakes! + Life