Fashion Models + Special Days

Fun In The Texas Sun

It seems like just yesterday that they had orange floaties attached to their arms.

Now ...

They wear ski jackets in adult-size large.

They grab their friends ...

And off they go ...

They don't even look back.

They return occasionally to check in.

I ask, "What's up - where've you been?"

One yells, "We almost ran out of gas."

"What did you do?" I yell back.

"We went and got some."

"How did you pay for it?" I was very curious.

They all smiled and then laughed and said in unison, "We told them to put it on Dad's account."

It used to be they'd come running to daddy for a quarter for ice cream from the ice cream truck.

Now ... it's nearly $5.00 a gallon of gas for a day of fun in the sun.

I think they are probably worth it.

I hope they remember these days fondly ...

Remember the happiness ...

The sunshine ...

The Joy ...

Realize ...

Just how lucky...

they were.

Life, and more:

Fun In The Texas Sun + Special Days