Fashion Models + Special Days

Live - Laugh - Love

I stayed at the lake for Spring Break, while Dad and the twins went home. They will be back on Wednesday for more Spring Break fun.

I decided that staying at the lake would be a very good way to have some special time with my 2 smallest children - some time to relax and have fun.

Alexis and Little Billy often fight, like siblings do. This time at the lake is proving to mend a relationship that has been torn a bit, over the past several months. They have needed this time - the two little ones. I have needed them to care about each other more - play with each other nicely - be friends again.

So far ... it was a great decision to stay at the lake to spend time alone with my youngest children. They have been happy and that makes mom happy.

(Their Granna is also at the lake with us)

Do you see that smile - some baby teeth, some big girl teeth - that's a happy girl, hanging out with her Mom at the lake.

We went out and took a drive. We stopped here to see the fish in the stream and take a picture for mom.

Alexis wanted to give her brother a kiss.

He let her - but he was not happy. He said, "I'm just not that kinda guy."

I asked, "What kinda guy are you, then?"

He smiled and said, "I'm a tough guy - you know - not a kissing kinda guy."

Well ... okay then.

Alexis and I won - she got a kiss and a hug. I think he was really okay with both and just had to put the pained look on his face to make sure his "tough guy" image wasn't too tarnished. He's such a cutie!

Alexis has the best modeling poses - I think she has a runway in her future - she is quite a little ham!

There he is - the tough guy - showing his stuff.

I had to beg the both of them to stay dry - they wanted to jump in and wallow around in the cold water. It was just too chilly.

Went back by the house to get Alexis a smoothie - gotta have a smoothie for a long road trip.

There's that smile - I'm so happy you are happy, my sweet boy!!

More posed pictures for mom - so many beautiful spots to take pictures.

Seems strange to have only the two little ones in pictures, but nice to see them together and having fun. Nice to see them getting along.

Another pool of water I had to beg them to stay out of. Kids are so drawn to water - aren't they. This fountain is not for swimming in, but if I had let them, they'd have both been tromping around in it - clothes on and all.

There's the Mom again! She's never happy having her picture taken. But, look at that little doll leaning over Mom's shoulder - she is a little cutie pie! She had just had a giggling fit - couldn't stop giggling. Had Mom laughing pretty hard as well.

More time near the water - looking for turtles and treasures. Rocks are always gathered and collected - sometimes even a fossil or two.

Dinner at Chili's, on the river, with Granna. We ate too much queso and chips - as usual.

Had to hurry and eat - didn't want to be late for the movie.

Ready for the movie - Horton Hears a Who!

It was a great movie! Mom and Granna enjoyed it as much as Alexis and Little Billy. Alexis couldn't stop talking about it after we came out; naming all her favorite characters and favorite parts. Little Billy said he'd like to have it on video when it comes out. It was one of the best animated movies I've seen in a long time - really good!

It was a fun day - Monday, at the lake. I really enjoyed spending time with my youngest children (and my mother too, of course). It's nice to be able to play all day - laugh - take walks and rides - go to the movies - eat nachos and chips ....

It was not a bad day at all!

Life, and more:

Live - Laugh - Love + Special Days