Fashion Models + Photo Story Friday

Imagine

Hosted by Cecily and Mama Geek

"No, I'm not a great painter neither am I a great poet."

Claude Monet

It's often so much easier to recognize the potential in others ... than it is to see it in ourselves.

I sometimes tell my children, "Make sure you use all of your potential - it's a gift - never waste it." I often tell them this when one of them has put forth less than 100% effort towards accomplishing a goal or completing a task. I tell them, "Imagine what you could have achieved if you had done your very best."

I can see the potential clearly in each of my children - these 4 children that I totally believe can make a huge difference in the world if they set their minds to it. I, however, have had far less luck identifying and focusing my own potential.

That is ... until lately. Lately, I've been very determined to commit enormous amounts of creative energy and focusing my potential on something I believe I am good at.

It has taken approximately 45 days to put 75,703 words to paper (and I'm not done yet).

My mind is either running a course to a completely chaotic and totally consuming nervous breakdown or ...

I have a story to tell.

I will continue to write and edit until each word is perfect and each sentence flows into the other eloquently ... and this manuscript becomes a complete and utter masterpiece - even if only in my mind.

If these pages are indeed the bones to something more than the rambling thoughts of a woman gone mad ...

If these words are indeed the foundation of a story meant to be shared ...

Then ...

I will complete these writings in good time and ...

My time will have been well spent.

In the end ...

It may never be a story worth selling ...

But ...

I will still know that I remained committed ...

Focused my potential fully on achieving my goal ...

And that will be something.

Imagine ... a tormented and struggling artist named Claude Monet - not believing he was a great painter.

Imagine ... what he might have accomplished had he been truly aware of how talented he was - truly aware of his full potential.

I have to believe that Monet was in fact achieving his full potential but ... what if he wasn't?

Either way ... what amazing hope he inspires for the rest of us.

"I'd like to paint the way a bird sings."

Claude Monet

-

LIFE, and more:

Imagine + Photo Story Friday