Fashion Models + My Boy Child

I Think, One Day ... Sweet Boy ... They Will Be Waiting For You

I was making dinner the evening of Valentine's Day.

Little Billy was sitting in the living room watching TV.

Eventually, he came over to the stove, pulled up a barstool and sat down to watch me cook.

"How was your day today, Little Billy?"

He reached over and began stirring the pot of corn on the stove with a spoon and he says, "It was good. I gave my teachers their Valentine's gifts - they liked them," he never looked up. "I also gave a present to D."

I was surprised. "You gave what present to D?"

He looked up and cracked a sly smile and said, "A stuffed dog. One of those I bought with Dad the other day - one with a heart in his mouth - you remember," he said, batting those dark brown eyelashes over chocolate colored eyes.

"You did?" I poked him on the shoulder and he laughed. "I didn't know you gave her a Valentine's present. What did she say?"

Dropping the spoon now in the pot of corn and straightening himself on the stool, he says, "She didn't know it was me that gave it to her. I didn't put my name on it. I just sat it on her desk. Her mom says she's too young to like boys - so I didn't want to make her mom mad - ya know?"

I smiled at my sweet, romantic boy. "So ... she didn't know you were the one that gave it to her?"

"I think she knew," he said. "Everyone kept saying that it was me - but I kept denying it - but, I think she knew."

I continued to cook my meal and Little Billy sat on the stool and helped me out. A short time later, after I had mixed up the cold pasta salad with mayonnaise and put it in the refrigerator to chill, Little Billy says, "Can I have girlfriends now - Mom?"

I answered quickly, "No," and smiled. "What do want with a girlfriend? Do you think you are old enough for a girlfriend?"

"I think I am, " he said sweetly.

"What are you gonna do with them - kiss them and stuff," I leaned over and snuggled to his neck and kissed him.

He laughed and said, "No," and then thought for a moment. "Not yet," he said coyly. "Plus ... I guess I'll have to wait until next year to have a girlfriend, anyways."

"Why is that?" I asked, turning the sausage in the skillet with a fork.

"Because D's mom won't let her have a boyfriend this year - maybe she can be my girlfriend next year."

Finding this discussion very sweet and very serious, I say, "You would wait until next year to have a girlfriend - just so you could wait to have D for your girlfriend?"

He smiled and said, "Have you ever seen her, Mom? She is so worth it."


On the upside ... I just love that he doesn't have a clue how cute he is. I also love knowing that whatever girl is lucky enough to win my sweet boy's heart, is definitely going to be .... one lucky little girl!

Life, and more:

I Think, One Day ... Sweet Boy ... They Will Be Waiting For You + My Boy Child