Fashion Models + The Cowboy

Sorry, Hon ... Were You Saying Something?

I love my husband.

I think he's sweet. I think he's patient. I think he's a good father. I think he's very handsome. I think he's sexy. I love him to death. But ...

Sometimes ... when he talks --- when he gets to talking about crap that I don't really understand or crap I could care less about --- like car engines ... or hunting details ... or, God forbid, he should start talking about electrical crap (he's an Electrical Contractor) ... when he starts talking about stuff that I can't wrap my brain around ... in my head I hear ... WAH --- WAH --- WAH. You know ... like in Charlie Brown, when the teacher is talking and Charlie Brown hears, WAH --- WAH --- WAH. Just like that.

I used to listen intently to everything my husband said - hung on every word. I still do ... mostly. But, sometimes ...... WAH --- WAH --- WAH.

And during these times ... these mind numbing conversations ... as my mind starts to melt away from his voice ... I might start hallucinating - stuff.

I don't mean to do this. I don't do it on purpose. My mind just clicks off and suddenly I'm spacing out. He's just talking ... and then ... WAH --- WAH --- WAH.

And then, suddenly ...

I. Am. In ... Ja-maica! Just lying on a beach ... soaking up the sun ... drinking Pina Coladas.

And ... before I know it ...

Matthew Mac Cauhanehey might just come along. H-E-L-L-O ... Matthew!

And then I might think ... "Hmm ... If I were to meet Matthew Mac Cauhanehey ... I would definitely want to get some new clothes." And so then ... I might start to think of ...

Shopping.

For swimsuits. For suntan lotion. For really cool sunglasses.

And while I'm out shopping, I might wander by a newsstand where there are lots of magazines on display and I might glance over and see ...

George Clooney.

H.E.L.L.O George! Welcome to my daydream.

And while I am (drooling over) admiring George Clooney ... my mind might just wander to other George's I (fantasize about) know and ...

H.E.L.L.O --- George Strait!

Then ... my mind might stray for a moment ... from the beach, from Matthew, from my imaginary shopping spree and from the Georges I know ... to ...

Something completely RIDICULOUS, like the meat in the freezer I need to take out for dinner.

But ... I will not allow such a ridiculous thought to invade this stolen opportunity to escape into a perfectly pleasant day dream - I will quickly push this stupid thought out of my head for ...

Uh ... NO.

Push that noise and thought out for ...

Uh ... NO!!!!

Can eat later - push the thought of food out for ...

Uh ... No!!!!

But, now I've lost it (*sigh*).

The day dream comes to a screeching halt when through the fog enveloping my muffled brain ... I hear ...

"Are you listening to me? Kellan ... did you hear what I said?

"Yes, Hon ... I heard you. You were saying .........WAH --- WAH --- WAH!

On the upside ... I often wonder what he is truly thinking when I am talking about crap (and I can talk a lot of crap!) - Do ya think he's thinking about ...

Or ... Do you think he might just be thinking about ....

I'd bet on Heather!

That's okay ... What's good for the goose is good for the gander (whatever a gander is).

Life, and more:

Sorry, Hon ... Were You Saying Something? + The Cowboy