Fashion Models + Photo Story Friday

You Are Never Going To Believe All The Pictures I Took Of This Doll!

Hosted by Cecily and Mama Geek

I have a Canon Rebel XTi.
I got it last Christmas.
I have very little clue how to use the thing.

So ...

One of the things I swore I would do - once the kids returned to school in August - was to get that Canon out and ... learn how to use it.

The other day, I asked one of Alexis' friends if she'd help me out - model for me - let me take some pictures of her. After I took lots of photos, Alexis helped me put together this little story.

Hope you enjoy our story and photos ...

Sally's Busy Day

"Sally ...! Uh ... Sally!"

"Yes."

"I need you to model for me - let me take some photos of you with my Canon Rebel XTi."

*silence*

"Would that be okay? Sally! Would that be okay?"

"I'm really very busy - you know. I have lots to do. I have a very busy day."

"Oh well ... that's okay. I'll just follow you around - snap some pictures. You won't even know I'm there," I sling the Canon Rebel XTi over my shoulder. "Hey, Sally - I see you got yourself some fabulous new sunglasses."

*silence*

"And ... is that a new hat?"

*silence*

"It's lovely. And ... I just love your pink Crocs! They're those lace up ones - aren't they?"

"Where you going? Sally! Where are you going?"

"I told you ... I have things to do."

"Okay, then -- I'll just follow along," and off we went. "Whatcha doin' now, Sally?"

"I was thinking about going for a swim - if someone would leave me alone."

"Oh - but Sally! You still have on your hat! And your skirt. And ... your lace-up Crocs!"

"You just back off! I have so much to do and you are talking too much and just getting in the way!"

*SPLASH*

"Did you have a nice swim, Sally? Did you?"

"What are you going to do now?"

"I'm getting my exercise. Thought I'd go down the slide a few times."

"Can that really be considered - exercise, Sally? I mean ..."

"Be careful ... Sally!"

"Oh, Sally! You lost your new sunglasses!"

"Wheeeeee ...!"

"Where to now?"

"I thought I'd swing for a while."

"What are you doing now, Sally - working in your garden?"

*silence*

"Are you taking a break now? Who is this, Sally? Is this your little dog?"

"What is his name?"

"HER name is - Fifi."

"Oh ... she is cute! Can she do anything? I mean - like tricks?"

"Well ... she does know one trick," Sally said, and took Fifi out of her bag. "If you pull her tail," she showed me, "The hair on the top of her head gets shorter and ... her tail gets longer. See ..."

"WOW! That is some trick, Sally. I've never seen any dog ever do that trick."

"Oh ... is that the door bell? Are you expecting someone?"

"Who is your friend, Sally?"

"This is Lelo . She's here to teach me to hula dance."

Oh, Sally - you dance the hula beautifully!

"OH MY, Sally! You were swinging your hips so hard - your skirt fell off!"

"Time for a nap now, Sally?"

*SNORE*

"Okay, then. I guess I've taken up enough of your time and took plenty of photos. I'll leave you to rest - you've had such a busy day."

"Bye, Sally. See you later."

LIFE, and more:

You Are Never Going To Believe All The Pictures I Took Of This Doll! + Photo Story Friday