Fashion Models + Sunday Thoughts

What's Your Song?

I'm a country music nut. I've always been drawn to the ballads ... the stories.

When I write - I mean ... when I really want to write ... I turn on the country music, turn it up loud and let the words of the songs lure me to a place that ... inspires me.

The one song I play over and over (when I'm listening to CD's) is Brooks & Dunn's - "Believe". I guess I'd have to say that it is my favorite song of all time. As hard as that is to do - pick one song - I'd have to say that is mine. I turn it on, crank it up really loud and am immediately drawn into the words and melody - swept away.

I love that. I love that something as simple as a song ... as lyrics ... as a melody ... can swoop in and interrupt my life - slow my constant motion - tear away my shields and clattered thoughts ... and take me away. Every single time. No matter where I am or what I am doing ... that song stops me. It's as if it speaks to me. As if it says ... slow down ... feel the moment ... listen to me.

Aside from the fact that I love Brooks & Dunn and believe that they are really the only ones that could do "Believe" justice ... the reason the song touches me ... is because it is about God. About believing ... believing that there is something beyond this world. Something beyond what can be seen. Something powerful.

Is there a song that does that to you? A song that touches you like no other song? Do you have a song that ... moves you?

If you would like to listen to "Believe" - just go to my sidebar and click on the first picture. Listen to it - maybe it will touch you too.

Life, and more:

What's Your Song? + Sunday Thoughts