Fashion Models + LIFE

The Biggest, Loudest Mice You Have Ever Seen!

I am working in my room.

My room is where my bed is.

Where my TV is.

Where my CD player is.

Where my computer is.

Where - NO KIDS ARE!

I love spending time in my bedroom.

ALONE.

It hardly ever works out.

Alexis often searches me out.
Little Billy often searches me out.

Now ...

Those two older girls.

They seldom search me out.

They tend to avoid me - at all costs.

I have learned why.

I am the one who assigns the ...

CHORES!

They know this.

So ...

I sometimes will be in my bedroom - with the door partially closed.

I will get up - swing the door open and ...

If the older girls are anywhere within view - they will ....

SCATTER!

Like large Texas roaches ...

Back into their rooms.

Quickly into the bathroom.

Fast as a sprinting puma down the stairs.

They think all this sudden scattering is a ... distraction.

That I don't really see them.

That they are faster than light.

Like they are as quick as a wild animal.

I see them!

And ...

I hear them - even if I can't see them - CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK - SKID!

When I am sometimes sitting on my bed and the door is open and I can see into the hallway ...

I can also see when ...

Courtney runs as fast as she can across the hallway - from her room to the bathroom - hunched over with a low profile to the ground - hoping she is so fast and quick and quiet - that I don't see her.

I see her.

And ...

I hear her - even if I don't happen to see her - CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK - SKID!

I can also see when ...

Courtney stands in the threshold of her bedroom door - waits for exactly the perfect moment and then ...

SPRINGS - like the biggest jack rabbit you have ever seen - across the hallway and into the bathroom - in one very loud LEAP!

I see her.

And ...

I hear her - even if I don't happen to see her - CLUNK, CLUNK, CLUNK - SKID!

These are not tiny girls.

These are not clever girls.

These are not sneakin'-like-quiet-little-mice ... girls.

I see them!

And ...

It always cracks me up!!

On the upside ... They can go on trying to hide from me. They can go on scattering like bugs and fleeing around corners in attempts to quickly escape my spying eyes. They can keep up this practice of long jumps and high jumps and quick jumps across the hallway and down the stairs and into other rooms. I see them. I hear them. And ... it makes me laugh!

Courtney and Chloe, and more:

The Biggest, Loudest Mice You Have Ever Seen! + LIFE