Fashion Models + LIFE

Splish Splash!

Alexis and my niece are the same age - their birthday's are 4 months apart.

They are like sisters.

They spend a lot of time together.

I babysit my niece every afternoon after school and this is time that Alexis gets to spend with her cousin.

They sleep over at each other's houses.

Because my niece lives next door (with the rest of her family - my brother's family) - Alexis and my niece see LOTS of one another.

In the summer - they swim together and play in the sprinklers.

Even though they spend so much time together, most of the time they do get along.

Sometimes they fight.

Sometimes they console each other.

Sometimes they are funny.

The other day - when the two were swimming in our pool, they were competing as to who could do the best - the biggest - canon ball - you know, where they run and grab their knees to their chest and then jump in the water in the shape of a ball - creating a big splash.

Alexis - being the larger of the two - usually makes the biggest splash ... but, my niece continues to try to keep up.

After a while of trying and not succeeding at making the size splash her cousin makes - my niece whines and whimpers a bit, "How do you do it? How do you make it so BIG?" tears rolling down her sun kissed cheeks.

Alexis - being the sweet girl that she is - not wanting her cousin to feel bad, says, "I make a bigger splash just cuz ... I have more... JUNK IN MY TRUNK!"

Her cousin cracked a big smile.

So did the mommy!

On the upside ... Canon balls - definitely one of those times when having MORE JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK might just come in handy!

Alexis, and more:

Splish Splash! + LIFE