Fashion Models + My Fun Family

She and I

This is a picture of my sister and I when we were little. It has been blown up and hangs on the wall of our family room.

In the picture, my sister is the prissy one (on the right). The one with the tidy, clean dress and pulled up socks. The one who had a mother that cared about the way she looked (just kidding - but it looks like we aren't even from the same family - like I just wandered up and sat down - look at my sweaty hair - I guess I had been running around.). She was always the proper one. The straight-laced one. She was the apple of our father's eye.

She's still pretty prissy. She's always telling me, "Kellan, you are just too pretty to not take care of your toes."

She's a teacher and well educated. She's made a good life for herself. She is funny and always has a funny story to tell. She can make me laugh like no one else. She is giving and kind. And ... she can spell most any word (this amazes me - being the "spelling-idiot" that I am).

We are opposites, my sister and I - in a lot of ways - just like in the picture. But ... that has not kept us from being friends.

We are not the type of sisters that spend every moment together. We are not the type of sisters that see eye-to-eye on everything. We are not the type of sisters that hug and kiss when we see each other.

But ... I have this picture on the wall of my family room for several reasons:

  • I love that it depicts our differences
  • I love that ... every time I walk by it ... it makes me smile
  • I love being reminded that we were so little ... once
  • I love that she's wearing those sunglasses and thinks she's so cool
  • I love the looks on our faces
  • I love that her hair's perfect and mine is not
  • I love that it is of my sister and I
  • I love that I get to see it everyday
  • I love this picture

I'm lucky to have this picture ....... I'm lucky to have this sister.

Life, and more:

She and I + My Fun Family