Fashion Models + Life

What Am I Doing Wrong?

I started this Blog one month ago - Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me ...

I have to sing this song to myself because ... I'm sure there are few other bloggers out there that will do it for me. (there are a few and I DO appreciate them!)

I know this because ...

I have been visiting blogs for months. I have been reading posts for months. I read about dogs dying, infertility, new recipes, preschool issues, autism, adoption, refrigerators that are broken, junk drawer stories, contests going on, "gifted" children, ... I read everything. Some of it is informative and some of it is interesting. Some of it is funny and some of it is heart-wrenching. Some of it is just up my alley - and some it is not. Some of it is crap. But ... I comment to all of it - at one time or the other. Sometimes I comment to all of it - everyday. I visit a multitude of blogs, read bunches of posts and leave comments everywhere - A LOT.

I do this even though I have four children (2 in high school and 2 in elementary), 2 houses to take care of, a husband that owns his own business, at least 2 loads of laundry to do each day, bills to pay, being on the board of the PTA, volunteering at my childrens schools on various committees, keeping up with my yard work, making phone calls, taking children to and from parties, practices, meetings, and to appointments, taking pets to the vet, going to the grocery store, making meals, doing homework, getting kids to bed ... I do this to:

  • Learn more about blogging
  • Entertain myself
  • Connect to the blogosphere
  • Support other women and their sites
  • Try to create links back to my blog

But ... I guess I am doing something wrong. Because I am not creating much of a following or getting a whole lot of support from other bloggers. I get lots of visits, but very few comments.

Look at my three recent posts. Look at my beautiful children. Why not just say, "They are beautiful, your children," like I do on so many blogs. That's all I need - just a little support. Just to know that there is SOMEONE OUT THERE.

I'm getting a bit frustrated, but I am hormonal today, so I am not going to say some of things racing around in my irrational mind. I'm just going to say - or sing: Happy Anniversary to me ... Happy Anniversary to me ...

On the upside ... I got an e-mail from my dad (regarding my NEW blog) just yesterday that said, "You're staying very busy and you are doing a good job writing. Love, Dad." He doesn't leave comments either, but with a message like this ... he doesn't have to. (And ... he's not a fellow blogger - I don't expect him to). Thanks Dad for your support!

Blogging, and more:

What Am I Doing Wrong? + Life