Fashion Models + Little Billy

It's Getting Harder And Harder To Smooze That Boy

It was a long morning.

It was that day where my son had to go to his school to get his schedule - his books - his locker - his gym uniform - his lunch ticket, etc., etc., etc.

It was also the day that my twin daughters had to go up to their school and get their schedules - their lockers - their lunch tickets - etc., etc., etc.

It was PREP DAY!

I was exhausted.

I was hungry.

Once we finished at the schools, I drove the troops over to a little sandwich shop for lunch.

We climbed out of the van, headed into the shop and stood in line at the counter.

We looked over the menu.

I already knew what I would have, as I had eaten there many times and was very much looking forward to my regular order.

The girls made their decision and began to place their orders at the counter.

Little Billy, standing at my side, tells me, "I want a BLT - that's what I want," and tries to walk away, but I stop him.

I put my hand on his shoulder, "I don't think they have BLTs," I say - not really knowing. "Why don't you and I share a sandwich and split a salad?" I suggest.

"Okay," he agrees. "I want a BLT," he repeats his desires again.

"I don't think they have BLTs," I say again - trying to get him off the idea - I say, "Why don't we split a cucumber sandwich?" I offer this idea in a high pitched voice so as to make the idea seem *spectacular* and just as I finish with my suggestion, my mouth begins to water at the thought of their delicious cucumber sandwich and scrumptious salad.

*cue crickets chirping and small boy gets blank look on his face*

"Wh-aaat?" he looks so bewildered.

"Yes - it is de-licious," I try to sound convincing. "I've had it many times."

The sixth grade boy in front of me says ..."I. Don't. Want. A. Cu-Cum-Ber. Sandwich!" he pronounces each word very clearly. "Who. Eats. Cu-Cum-Ber. Sandwiches. Anyway?" he is starring up at me, so confused - so worried I am going to MAKE him eat this sandwich he does not want. "I've never even heard of a cu-cum-ber sandwich. Cu-Cum-Ber?," he makes a gagging noise and shakes his head.

On the upside ... I knew, when I mentioned the cu-cum-ber sandwich to the small boy, that my odds were not going to be good getting him to agree. And ... he didn't. I didn't have the heart to force an 11 year old boy to eat a sandwich that is normally reserved for grandmas, tea parties and Junior League luncheons - nope! We ordered a ... BLT.

Life, and more:

It's Getting Harder And Harder To Smooze That Boy + Little Billy