Fashion Models + Life

If You Love Something ... Set It Free

When they were little ...

They clung on my every word.

They followed behind me like ducklings in the path of their mother.

They searched me out.

They cried my name.

They ran across entire rooms to climb onto my lap ...

Kiss my face ...

Share giggles and tickles and hugs.

Then ...

They were nowhere to be found.

Their footsteps were no longer behind me ...

But ...

Far out in front of me.

The words I spoke ...

Began to fall on deaf ears.

The hugs were seldom.

The kisses gone.

The giggles became laughter - but ...

Only amongst their friends.

My little girls ...

They grew up.

They pulled away.

They found their spaces and places and it was not ...

Near me.

But ...

In recent days ...

They have come back.

I don't know why.

I don't know for how long.

But ...

We are talking - more.

We are hugging - more.

They laugh at my jokes and smile from across the room.

They walk beside me instead of way out in front.

They ask my opinion.

They search me out.

They crawl up on my bed and ...

We talk.

When they were little they said ...

"I never want to leave you - I want to live here with you - forever."

I always knew that those words would not hold true.

But ...

I loved those words.

I had hoped they would be true.

I'm glad they are back ...

At least ...

For now.

Courtney and Chloe, and more:

If You Love Something ... Set It Free + Life