Fashion Models + Life

My First Blog - What the Hell is Blogging?

Am I the only one that doesn't understand blogging? What does Blog mean, anyway? I think about "clogging"every time I hear the word "blog" and I don't even know what clogging really is. I know what clogs are, though, and this is where my mind eventually ends up - on a pair of clogs I wore when I was thirteen years old. At Ross (discount department store) the other day, I saw a pair of clogs for sale in the shoe isle and thought about - those same stupid clogs. Why is it that I can remember a pair of shoes I wore 30 years ago, but I can't sometimes remember how old I am or any of my teachers names in school? I can't remember where I put my things, why I go into certain rooms, if I washed my hair in the shower, what years my children were born, anybody's name, names of movie stars, what my grandmother's first name was, the exact date of my last period, to buy toilet paper and dog food, what channels my favorite shows are on, how to use my cell phone or have any idea how to do Algebra, long division (double digits) or percentages without a calculator. But ... I remember those brown, suede clogs!

I am officially losing my mind and it is at this point in my life that I decide to learn about "clogging" - I mean "blogging". On the upside - I know and remember - all my children's names and ages, the names of all my immediate family members, my friends' names, how to add most any problem and where I put everyone else's stuff.

I depend on my teenage daughters (The Twins) to keep me up-to-date on all the current lingo and technology. If I don't understand something, say about my computer, I don't want to learn it, but I depend on one of them to navigate through my problem and solve it for me. I only request their assistance in solving the problem - not teaching me how to do it (they owe me this!). When I asked one of them the other day what "blogging" was - they did not know. I was left on my own to figure it out. I think they are smart enough to use the "I don't know" tactic to get out of helping me (as I have been known to do in their lifetime) and reached the age where they feel comfortable using this tactic. After all - there is no way to prove that they really "don't know" something. I can say firmly, "You know," and they will retort with "I said ... I don't know." That's pretty much the end of that fight. That's why I use this tactic - you can just keep saying, "I don't know, I don't know," and there is no way for someone to convince themselves that they can make you - know. Anyways - they probably totally understand this "blogging" technology and they are just leaving me hanging out here on my own to figure it out for myself. That's okay - I'll figure it out. I guess you should be careful the tactics you teach if you don't want your children to one day use them on you.

This is my first blog. It is simply a place for me to go to write down some of the crap that is in my head. I imagine I will mostly write about my children - as they are the most interesting people in my life. I also have interesting family members and some interesting friends, so on occasion I imagine I might just write a little about them. I'm not all that interesting, but I suppose every now and then I can come up with something interesting about myself. Mostly, I intend to write about The Upside. I am a consummate optimist and while I certainly sit on the fence sometimes and just watch the world - more often than not, I have an opinion and it usually has an upside.

Blogging, and more:

My First Blog - What the Hell is Blogging? + Life