Fashion Models + Summer

It's Been A Great Summer!

The On The Upside family has had a fabulous summer!

The kids are now back in school and as much as the mom should be happy about some time alone - she is not ready for school to begin.

Alexis was ready!

She coudn't wait to start 2nd grade!

She didn't even look back.

Little Billy headed off for his first day of middle school. I must have told him 100 times to make sure he takes notes - write EVERYTHING down!

"I got it, Mom - I can handle this," he insisted.

I certainly hope so. He's got 7 teachers this year and ... I do not have the time to spend my days going from class to class with that boy!

Then there were those teenager girls. Courtney and Chloe are juniors this year and driving themselves to school. I was so nervous - I made them call me yesterday to tell me they made it there alright. It's really the parking that worried me most.

They called - they made it! Now they just have to make it there and back again tomorrow and the next day and the next day .......

They are driving the Pathfinder we bought for them to use until their daddy finishes that '69 Mustang. I think they want the Mustang finished, but ... they were awful happy to have their own car to drive to school.

Like I said ...

I should be happy to have the kids out of my hair.

I do like spending my days doing things that I need to do - getting things done while they are at school.

I like the peace and quiet.

I like making lists and getting busy on chores and projects - filling the fall months with days of cleaning and organizing - shopping and changing things in my house.

I like working in the yard with no one yelling "CAN YOU COME MAKE ME SOME LUNCH?"

I like going to lunch with my girl friends.

I like all of these things.

But ...

I like summer ...

BETTER!

I AM NOT ready for summer to end!

It flew by too fast!

We spent a lot of time at the lake, but ...

We never made it to the beach.

We spent many mornings sleeping in.

We watched a lot of movies and way to much TV.

We spent fun times with family and friends.

We didn't do all the things we had hoped we would get to, but ...

It has been a wonderful summer!

Life, and more:

It's Been A Great Summer! + Summer