Fashion Models + LIFE

I Must Have Done Something Truly - SPECTACULAR!

Alexis is often looking for wonderful things.

Being a 7 year old - she sees the world through the eyes of an innocent and curious child.

She spies butterflies clear across the yard and often jumps up from her chair and bounces through the yard after them.

She hears a wood pecker off in the distance making his home in the side of a telephone pole - even over the sound of traffic and airplanes and screaming children.

She notices the brilliant color of pink in the flowers of her dress and explains why it is the best color in the world and ... her most favorite.

One day recently, she and I were sitting on the back porch - me resting from working in the yard and she taking a break from swimming.

She pulled up a chair and sat her dripping body down next to me.

We chatted a bit about this.

We chatted a bit about that.

Then, she said ...

"The coolest thing about going to Heaven and meeting God is going to be ... being able to ask so many questions."

I smiled.

"Like..." she went on, "How many birds are there in the world?"

She giggled.

"Like - How many grains of sand are on the beaches and in the ocean and on the deserts?"

I smiled again.

"Like ... all that stuff," and she got up from her chain - ran over - and dived into the pool.

I got up - and went back to work.

On the upside ... She is certainly right! It will be very cool to find out how many grains of sand there are and right after He answers that question ... I think I will also have to ask Him ... "What is it that I did - what spectacular thing - where I earned so many points that you would give me ... such a magnificent little daughter?"

Alexis, and more:

I Must Have Done Something Truly - SPECTACULAR! + LIFE