Fashion Models + TIME

Chasing down Mauri Weakley

So I'm riding my 4th bike of this spring/summer season (the other 3 were stolen, can you believe that?) up Prince street when I spot the most awesome high waisted skirt and striped top off in the distance. Only it was like 2 blocks away and I had to hurry up and catch up with her. So I daredeviled my way past every single tourist on Prince, wove through the crowds, and finally rode up alongside Mauri Weakley, the Visual Merchandiser for Steven Alan.

I asked her if I could take a picture while we were both still pedaling our bikes down the street-- heck I even handed her my business card while we both were still pedaling our bikes. I must admit, I was grateful, in a way, that a beautiful New Yorker like Mauri would be willing to have her picture taken by some stranger who first approached her while huffing and puffing next to her on a bike in the middle of the street. Ha!

top--Steven Alan
skirt--Swedish designer bought at Opening Ceremony

Mauri Weakley, and more:

Chasing down Mauri Weakley + TIME