Fashion Models + Life

HELL-O ... Am I Talking To The Wall Over Here?

It's always so rewarding to realize that your kids hear what you say.

Learn the lessons you've been trying to teach them.

Express themselves or say something that reflects ideas that they've learned from you.

This happened recently when I was sitting by the pool.

Alexis and my niece were swimming - splashing around - kicking and waving their arms and legs - diving.

Before too long, they settled down and swam over to sit on the step on the side of the pool. They were talking and laughing and then suddenly ... one of them sees a roly-poly floating in the water.

They grabbed a bucket and fished it out - saved it - and set it down gently on the edge of the pool

My niece must have been going to kill the thing ... because Alexis suddenly screams, "NO -DON'T KILL IT! DON'T KILL IT!" and she cups her hand over it to protect it.

I was so proud.

I smiled.

We often talk about how you shouldn't kill God's creatures - not even the bugs and ... especially not for the fun of it.

I was so pleased that Alexis had learnt this lesson - showed compassion for this nasty little bug.

But, then ...

Just about the time the pride beaming off of me was about to blind my niece and daughter with its brilliant LIGHT ........

Alexis ...

Takes her hand off the bug ...

Picks up a stick off the ground ...

And says ...

"Let's play hockey with it - instead," and she wacks the roly-poly ... clear across the sidewalk and down into the grass.

(*sigh*)



On the upside ... I guess Alexis hasn't been listening to a thing I've been saying. Looks to me like she's been paying closer attention to her redneck brother!

Alexis, and more:

HELL-O ... Am I Talking To The Wall Over Here? + Life