Fashion Models + Little Billy

There Are Only Just So Many Places To Hide

I pride myself on being a patient person.

Uh ... wait, that's not true. I'm the least patient person I know.

But, I do pride myself on being a good mother.

Uh ... wait, that's not true either. I'm basically a mediocre mother at best and I know this.

Okay, I am friendly and like large crowds.

Uh .... wait, that's false. I'm not a fan of large crowds and even search out ways to hide sometimes even from my own family.

Like recently, when I tiptoed like a quiet mouse upstairs to escape into my bathroom for some peace and quite.

Yes - I just went in there and sat at the small bench in front of my antique vanity and stared into the mirror at my frazzled reflection.

I was just looking for a bit of solitude.

I was just taking a minute for myself.

I was HIDING!

It didn't last long.

Suddenly ....

I hear someone enter the bathroom and start the shower in the room on the other side of the wall from me.

I hear some scuffling around and a bit of humming.

It does not take long before I know who is in there when the child begins to ramble incessantly ...

"NO," he says loudly.

"I KNOW," he then says even louder.

"DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING?" he's speaking in a voice that is echoing painfully loud off the tile walls of the bathroom.

"NO, I DO NOT KNOW - DO YOU KNOW?" he is talking to himself.

"I KNOW THERE IS NO ONE HERE, DO YOU KNOW WHY NO ONE IS HERE?" He goes on and on using the word NO is too many different and annoying ways.

"I TOLD YOU NO! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT NO MEANS? NO? WELL, NO MEANS NO! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?" He is now giggling after each creative sentence.

"NO, NO, NO! I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYMORE ABOUT IT. I SAID NO!" His voice fades a bit as he steps into the shower and slams the glass door.

I smiled.

And then ...

I sighed loudly.

And then ...

I got up and went to search for somewhere else to HIDE!

On the upside ... NO, I don't KNOW the next word he repeated over and over again, but I am confident that after I escaped the bathroom that there were likely additional vocabulary words tortured by the small boy.

-

LIFE, and more:

There Are Only Just So Many Places To Hide + Little Billy