Fashion Models + LIFE

Is This A Trick Question?

"MOM - come watch me swim!" Alexis screams across the yard.

"Okay," I say and stroll over and sit at the poolside table.

"MOM ... watch me do a dive!" she screams and then dives into the pool.

"Sure - I'm watching," I say, looking right at her.

"MOM ... count how fast I can swim across the pool!" she hollers and then takes off across the pool.

"One Mississippi

Two Mississippi

Three Mississippi ..."

"MOM ... count how long I can stay under the water!" she yells and then holds her breath and under the water she goes.

"One Mississippi

Two Mississippi

Three Mississippi ..."

"MOM ... count how many underwater somersaults I can do," and she tucks herself into a ball and begins to twirl beneath the water.

"One ....

Two .....

Three ....

Four ....."

"MOM ... I'm going to walk on my hands. Count how many steps I can take," she squeals and then dives to the bottom of the pool and begins to walk on her hands.

"One ....

Two ....

Three ....

Four .....

Five ....."

"MOM - throw me some rocks and I'll go dive for 'em," she bellows and then stands on the side of the pool with her eyes closed waiting for the rocks to be thrown.

*Plunk*


*Plunk*


*Plunk*

*Plunk*

"MOM ... Now it's your turn! What tricks do you know?" she asks, pulling herself up on the side of the pool waiting for my tricks.

I lift my iced tea glass to my lips and take a sip ...

I adjust my sunglasses on my nose ...

I cross my legs ...

I throw another rock into the pool ...

*plunk*

I stare across the pool into the eyes of my darling seven year old daughter and say ...

"You're looking at 'em."

On the upside ... "What tricks do I know?" ACK!! *Lazy mom throws her head back and laughs hysterically until iced tea spews out of her nose.*

-

Alexis, and more:

Is This A Trick Question? + LIFE