Fashion Models + LIFE

She Makes It Seem Pretty Darn Simple

Hosted by Cecily and Mama Geek

It doesn't take all that much to make Alexis happy.

She finds joy in the simplest of things.

Her love for life and fun and laughter and song and dance are ...

INFECTIONS!

OBVIOUS!

CONSTANT!

She's only 7 years old - and to her - every moment is a moment of ... POSSIBILITY.

A moment of ... FASCINATION!

A moment for ... ENJOYING THE WORLD!

Recently ... she and I were at the lake together.

We decided to take a ride in the golf cart.

We grabbed our water bottles, our sunglasses and Remis - our puppy - and took off for a little ride.

It was a gloriously sunny, Texas summer afternoon.

We headed out down the road - to nowhere in particular - with no destination in mind - just driving - she and I and Remis ...

Driving along ...

Enjoying the sun and the breeze.

The view of the lake.

The ducks.

The people.

She looks at me at one point.

She says ...

Referring to Remis, who was sitting between her and I on the seat ...

"Inside ... he's jumping for joy!" She's grinning from ear to ear.

I smile.

"How do you know this?" I ask into the face of my smiling daughter.

She hesitates for a moment.

She smiles sweetly.

She says ...

"Because, I know ... I am."

On the upside ... And there you go. Finding joy in life is as simple as that!

-

Alexis, and more:

She Makes It Seem Pretty Darn Simple + LIFE