Fashion Models + Surviving Motherhood

I've Been Around Too Long To Be This Stupid

Sometimes ...

I have no will-power.

I try to be strong.

I try to make good choices.

I try to keep on track and not let the tiny details in life distract me from the big picture.

I'm not as strong as I used to be.

I'm pretty much the biggest push-over that ever existed.

I know ...

I was adamant!

I was certain!

I was determined to win this battle!

But ...

I'm a wimp.

A marshmallow.

A fluff ball.

A SUCKER!

I caved ...

His name is Remis (named after a werewolf character in Harry Potter. He looks frightening - doesn't he?).

It's not because everyone around me is smarter (okay - maybe they are a little smarter).

It's not because I've lost my mind (okay - maybe I've lost my mind).

It's not because I have no common sense (okay - I obviously have no common sense).

It's not because I can't stand my ground (okay - I've been on sinking sand for more years than I will admit to anyone).

It's not that I let myself become distracted by the tiny details in life and allowed them to blind me from the big picture ...

Okay ... I became just a little distracted.

The older girls named the pup Remis.

Alexis: "What's the pup's name again?"

Me: "I don't know. I call him Penis."

Alexis: "Here Penis. Come on boy!"

I call the pup Penis. The older girls don't find this funny. It makes me feel just a little better to be sarcastic - makes me feel like I'm somehow less stupid for taking my eyes off the big picture!


*Mom throws shoulders back, holds head up high and hopes nobody notices that her body is curved like a noodle because she has no backbone*

-

LIFE, and more:

I've Been Around Too Long To Be This Stupid + Surviving Motherhood