Fashion Models + Surviving Motherhood

Before I Lost My Mind

Before I had kids ...

My mind worked perfectly normal.

It did.

I didn't have to remember all that much.

I didn't care about all that much.

I only had to buy candy for just me (TWIZZLERS and DOVE CHOCOLATES).

I went about life as if I had all the time in the world.

I made decisions that accommodated the important issues in my life and those decisions were usually correct.

Somewhere ...

During the span of time since before I had kids ...

And ...

After ...

I had kids ...

I lost my freakin' mind!

My brain stopped functioning normally.

Decisions that would seem illogical to the pre-kid-Kellan ... somehow now often get lost in the rational part of my brain and the irrational part takes over, making those irrational decisions seem ... logical.

Like ...

Recently ...

"Hon. Hon. We need to do some work on that cute little gazebo that sits in our backyard. It needs some repairs and we need to get that done," I said to my cowboy husband not too long ago.

"Uh ... okay," was his (usual ) appropriate response.

So ...

We went about doing repairs.

It took several weeks and then ...

It was done.

All nicely painted and caulked and repaired.

Just like new.

So that I could now maybe make it into a cute little tea room. Because - you know - I often have my old lady friends over for tea.

Or ...

I could maybe use it for a cute little pool house. I could stack all the towels in there neatly on cute little Pottery Barn shelves. Hang some curtains. Purchase some fun multi-colored rugs. Maybe a towel rack. Maybe ...

Or ...

I could use it as a potting shed ... put all my pots and shovels and dirt in there. Have a nice little room for me to bond with my plants. I could put a little portable radio in the corner, turn on my music and escape into my little potting shed for hours and hours. No one would ever find me.

Or ...

We could put a hot-tub in there and maybe get in some late night hot-tubbing with The Cowboy.

Or ...

Maybe we could ...

Give it to the boy child ...

For ...

HIS BAND!

See ...

This is where my mind went wonky and somehow between ...

Perfectly logical ...

Perfectly beautiful ...

Perfectly reasonable ...

Perfectly normal ...

Perfectly thought-out ...

Thoughts ...

I lost my freakin' mind!

On the upside ... I know ... Giving the boy child a drum set was a pretty good clue that I had already lost too many brain cells to even consider making this gazebo decision without outside intervention *hear off in the distance other insane mommy inmates banging their heads against the walls and crying out in the night*.

-

LIFE, and more:

Before I Lost My Mind + Surviving Motherhood