Fashion Models + LIFE

That Girl Put The "T" In Tomboy!

When my twins were tiny babies - I dressed them in ruffled socks, frilly dresses with bloomers and little shoes on their tiny feet - every single day - even if we were not leaving the house.

When my twins were tiny girls - I pulled their hair into piggy tails and adorned the sides of their heads with lovely hair bows to match their outfits.

When my twins were tiny girls - I dressed them in polka dots, plaids and all the most adorable girly outfits I could find.

When my twins grew up ...

They were NOT girly girls.

They were only EVER girly girls ...

When they were too young to argue with their mother about the dresses and hair bows and ruffles.

*sigh*

I do love a girly girl.

But ...

I love a tom-boy just as much.

I love to see a girl that can throw a softball or football or basketball as good as any boy.

I love to see a girl that enjoys the outdoors and is not afraid to work up a sweat.

I love to see a girl that gets along with a group of boys as well, if not better, than a group of girls.

I don't often see my twins do anything or wear anything that would be considered "girly" - NEVER!

So ... when Chloe came to me the other day and asked me if I could help her paint her nails - I nearly fell to the floor in shock.

It was black nail polish - not pink - but ... still!

So, I sat her in a chair across from me.

I had her place her hand on my knee.

I noticed that one thumb nail was painted - pretty darn perfectly.

I said, "Why, you did a good job painting that one nail - why didn't you paint all of them? Why do you need my help?" I looked into my sweet girl's face.

She smiled.

She lowered her head.

She glanced up through long, feathery eyelashes.

She said, "I ....... taped it off," in a tiny whisper.

I heard her and visions began to skip through my mind of ... duct tape or ... scotch tape ... blue painter's tape.

I laughed.

"You TAPED it off? To put polish on your finger - you TAPED IT OFF?" I could not stop laughing at the thought of how tedious this would make this normally not-so-difficult job.

"Yes," she giggled.

"What kind of tape did you use." I was just curious.

"Electrical tape," she confessed, still giggling.

"Chloe, Chloe, Chloe ..."

On the upside ... I have never heard of any GIRL taping off her fingers (like she was painting a dining room wall) to paint her nails, but ... I have to say --- it was the most PERFECTLY painted thumb nail I've ever seen. Hardly worth the 15 minutes it took her to do it - but ... an excellent job! I need to work with that girl. I don't want anyone to find out that this is how she has been doing this. I found it ironic that she approached this very GIRLY job - thinking very much like a boy.

-

Chloe, and more:

That Girl Put The "T" In Tomboy! + LIFE